Bean, Kinney & Korman attorneys are available for select speaking engagements. Please contact Chris Sutton at email@example.com to inquire about opportunities and events.
- Land Use InstituteMaryland State Bar AssociationSpring 2021
- Online, March 16, 2021
In this webinar Jennifer Schiffer and Doug Taylor will review the latest employment law and business law changes and some of the key issues impacting small businesses today.
- Online, March 10, 2021Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Online, January 27, 2021
In this webinar, Doug Taylor and Dr. Kate Henderson, Assistant Professor, Marymount University’s Malek School of Nursing in the College of Health and Education, will discuss some of the pressing public health and legal implications for employers related to workforce COVID-19 vaccines.
- Webcast recording - view on demand, January 21, 2021Argent Bridge Advisors
During this in-depth webinar, Jennifer Schiffer goes beyond the basics of estate planning and discusses topics including: gifting/titling, powers of attorney, trusts, and more.
- Webcast recording - view on demand, December 15, 2020
In this webinar, Doug Taylor, discusses some of the legal implications for employers related to telework. The discussion covers the following topics:
• Wage-hour and timekeeping issues for remote work employees
• ADA accommodations in the remote workplace
• Hostile work environment claims in the virtual work environment
• Written remote work policies – do you need them?
- Renegotiating Office Leases in a Work-From-Home World: Contract, Common Law, Context Issues, Standstill AgreementsOnline, December 8, 2020Strafford
This CLE webinar, presented by Jennifer Schiffer and John Kelly, will provide practical guidance to leasing attorneys that are facing requests to renegotiate a commercial lease due to the current economic downturn.
- Virginia's New and Far-Reaching Protections for EmployeesOnline, November 19, 2020University of Maryland Alumni Association
Bean, Kinney & Korman and Terp grads Stephen Caruso '11 and Douglas Taylor '89 will share their legal expertise on the nearly two dozen new laws in the Commonwealth that provide significant enhanced rights for Virginia employees.