Catholic University School of Law, J.D., 1974
Cornell University, M.Eng., 1968
Cornell University, B.S., 1967
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 1978
- District of Columbia, 1975
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Ohio
Phil Jaeger is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. He concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, leveraged management buyouts, finance, corporate restructuring and venture capital. Phil has served as outside counsel to numerous businesses in such fields as defense, information technology, government services, insurance, banking, mortgage lending, real estate and consumer products and services.
Over the last 13 years, Phil has served as lead counsel in over 40 merger and acquisition transactions. Some of the transactions that Phil has served as counsel are:
- Represented Z Systems Corporation in its acquisition of Logistics Support, Incorporated.
- Represented the owners of SysNet Technologies, Inc. in its sale to Bodson Group, Inc.
- Represented the owners of Paragon Communications Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Xator Corporation.
- Represented the owners of Group Benefit Services, Inc. and GBS Payroll Plus, Inc. in their sale to AmWINS Group, Inc.
- Represented the Engineering Solutions Division of The Columbia Group, Inc. in its sale to Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE: HII)
- Represented Laughlin, Marinaccio & Owens, Inc. in its acquisition of VIM Interactive, Inc.
- Represented the owners of ALON, Inc. in its sale to XL Associates, Inc.
- Represented the owners of Base Technologies, Inc.’s in its sale to CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA)
- Represented the owners of Multi-Threaded, LLC in its sale as a subsidiary of National Interest Security Company, LLC to IBM (NYSE: IBM).
- Represented the owner of Webster Data Communications, Inc. in its sale to STG, Inc.
- Represented the owners of Multi-Threaded, Inc. in its sale to National Interest Security Company, LLC.
- Represented Greenstreet Growers of Virginia, LLC’s in its acquisition of the Apple House of Alexandria.
- Represented the owner of JDG Communications, Inc. in its sale to Sage Communications, LLC.
- Represented Fairmount Company in its acquisition of NorthTech Corp.
- Represented Raymond Huger in his acquisition of Paradigm Solutions International, Inc.
- Represented The Columbia Group of Virginia, Inc. in its acquisition of Columbia Research Corporation (n/k/a The Columbia Group, Inc.).
- Represented the owners of Communicast, Inc. in its sale to WILINK U.S. Holdings, Inc.
- Represented LEC Corporation in its acquisition of Hallmark Energy Economics, Inc. (d/b/a Loudoun Electric Company).
- Represented Bright Tower Manufacturing Company, Inc. in its acquisition of J.A. Nearing Company, Inc.
- Represented the owners of Barker, Dunn & Rossi, Inc. in its sale to Gestalt, LLC.
- Represented the owners of C-CUBED Corporation in its sale to CACI International Inc. (NASDAQ:CACI).
- Represented the owner of Kathpal Technologies, Inc. in its sale to Management Systems Designers, Inc.
- Represented C-CUBED Corporation in its acquisition of Systems Integration, Inc. and Computing Analysis Corporation.
The transactions completed by Phil on behalf of C-CUBED Corporation and Kathpal Technologies were completed prior to Phil joining Bean, Kinney & Korman in June 2004.
Phil’s transactional experience arises from an extensive and blended background in law, business, engineering and technology. Phil received Bachelor of Science and Master of Engineering degrees from Cornell University. Prior to his graduation from the Catholic University School of Law, Phil worked for six years as a management systems engineer for White Consolidated Industries and the Aluminum Company of America. He designed, developed and implemented numerous computer and data processing systems to assist in the operation and management of the company’s business.
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2012
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2010
- Buyer of Government Contractors: New SBA Size Recertification Rules Will Affect Merger & Acquisition ("M&A") TransactionsBKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2007
- Frequent speaker on mergers and acquisitions and leveraged management buyouts.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
Small and Emerging Companies Advisory Forum (SECAF)
Association for Corporate Growth National Capital Chapter (Past Member, Board of Directors)
Washington Dinner Club
Westwood Country Club
Beyond the Suit
Phil lives in McLean, Virginia with his wife, Noemi, where they have raised three sons and a daughter. They enjoy being grandparents to their seven-year-old granddaughter.