Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.S., 1992
George Mason University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 2000
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Pro Se Law Clerk for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, 2000 - 2001
Robert Hicks is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman and practices in civil and commercial litigation. He focuses on litigation and arbitration matters including complex commercial, business tort, construction, employment, telecommunications, trademark, technology, licensing disputes, government contracts and insurance litigation.
Bob has a wealth of experience with issues involving restrictive covenants, trade secrets and breaches of fiduciary duty, as well as civil disputes that arise from government contracts and subcontracts and commercial real estate disputes.
Bob regularly represents government contractors, commercial landlords and other businesses in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the Circuit Courts for Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William, Loudoun and Fauquier Counties and the City of Alexandria.
Prior to joining Bean, Kinney and Korman, Bob spent the last fourteen years at Holland & Knight, LLP in their Commercial Litigation Practice Group.
Virginia Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2008, 2010
- Initiated suit and obtained judgment in a commercial lease dispute involving a national restaurant chain.
- Counseled numerous clients on enforceability of non-compete covenants.
- Defended a software company from claims of wrongful termination from a former employee.
- Negotiated a settlement for a software company whose customer had breached the licensing agreement.
- Negotiated a settlement for a government contractor whose subcontractor failed to perform for a critical client customer.
- Webinar, March 27, 2020
- Where: Bean, Kinney & Korman | 2300 Wilson Blvd. | 1st Floor Conference Room | Arlington, VA 22201, February 28, 2018
- Where: Bean, Kinney & Korman | 2300 Wilson Blvd. | 1st Floor Conference Room | Arlington, VA 22201, When: January 17, 2018 | 7:30 a.m. Registration & Breakfast | 8:00-9:00 a.m. Seminar
- November 30, 2015
Professional & Community Affiliations
Fairfax Bar Association
Federal Bar Association, Northern Virginia
George Mason University Inn of Court
Hokie Club (VA Tech Alumni Association)
George Mason University Alumni Association
Arlington Soccer Association
Tuckahoe Elementary School PTA
Beyond the Suit
Bob lives in Arlington with his wife, Jeni, their three children and their Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Beamer.