New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1974
Washington College of Law, American University, J.D., 1973
Boston University, B.A., 1969
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 2005
- District of Columbia, 1973
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Served as Attorney-Advisor to Judge C. Moxley Featherston of the U.S. Tax Court
Ronald Feuerstein is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. He is an experienced tax lawyer whose practice is focused on tax planning and structuring for corporate and partnership transactions, mergers and acquisitions, tax controversy work before the IRS and state tax agencies, sophisticated estate planning for high net worth individuals and family wealth transfers, employee benefit matters, including Department of Labor audits, probate, administration of trusts and estates and general business counsel and advice.
Ron has represented various types of businesses and entrepreneurs, from start-ups to public companies, both foreign and domestic. In his practice, he has developed significant depth of knowledge in tax issues affecting businesses and specialized industries, including casino gaming, food product distribution, government contracting, franchising, heavy construction, restaurants, farming and ranching, real estate and mortgage banking, bio-tech manufacturing, research and development.
The substantive tax areas covered by Mr. Feuerstein’s practice include corporate tax, pass-through entities (S corporations, LLCs and partnerships), U.S. taxation of foreign entities, persons and operations, tax-exempt entities (public charities, private foundations and trade associations), ERISA, executive compensation, ESOPs, VEBAs, stock options, qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation and state taxation (including income, sales, use and property taxes).
Arlington Magazine, Top Attorney - Tax, 2019
AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Top Rated Lawyer in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Washington Post Magazine
- Represented a major Nevada casino, related entities and the owner in federal and state tax audits, appeals and tax planning for over 23 years, saving the owner over $35 million in federal taxes.
- Represented a U.S. subsidiary of Mexico’s largest glass manufacturer in an IRS transfer pricing audit and appeal resulting in a complete concession by the IRS Appeals, saving the clients millions in federal income tax.
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of a major Taiwanese worldwide computer manufacturer in designing and drafting a stock option plan.
- Designed, drafted and implemented a private split dollar insurance plan that allowed the transfer of $80 million of universal life insurance with substantial (approximately $5 million) cash surrender value without any federal gift tax.
- Designed, drafted and implemented one of the first Internal Revenue Code section 1042 rollovers to an employee stock ownership plan (“ESOP”) allowing the owners to sell their stock to the ESOP without incurring any federal income tax.
- Writes and lectures frequently on various tax, estate planning and employee benefit topics.
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2012
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, May 2012
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2012
- Tax Law: IRS Announces New Settlement Procedure for Workers Misclassified as Independent ContractorsBKK Business Law Newsletter, November 2011
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2011
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, January 2011
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, November 2010
- Internal Auditing Magazine, September/October 2010
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, September 2010
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2010
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2010
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, May 2010
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, January 2010
- BKK Wills, Trusts and Estates Newsletter, December 2009
Professional & Community Affiliations
American Bar Association (Member, Taxation Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections)
Virginia State Bar (Member, Taxation Section and Trusts & Estates Section)
D.C. Bar (Member, Taxation Section and Estates, Trusts & Probate Law Section)
Federal Bar Association (Member, Taxation Section)
Arlington County Bar Association
National Center for Employee Ownership
Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council
D.C. Estate Planning Council
McLean Estate Planning Council
Park Potomac Homeowners Association
Beyond the Suit
When Ron isn’t absorbed in the Internal Revenue Code, he enjoys music, traveling and automobiles.