Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1991
University of Virginia, B.A., 1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2013
- New York, 1992
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The Honorable Judge James C. Cacheris
Kandis Koustensis is a shareholder with Bean, Kinney & Korman focusing her practice on intellectual property law. She provides her clients with protection strategies for trademark, copyright and trade secret assets including: prosecution; search and clearance opinions; enforcement; licensing and portfolio development.
With more than 20 years experience advising clients from a variety of industries, Kandis possesses a deep knowledge to execute contract negotiations, IP valuation and rights protection for mergers, acquisitions, unfair competition, dispute resolution and litigation management through all stages.
Prior to joining Bean, Kinney & Korman, Kandis was a member at Protorae Law PLLC and practiced at multiple IP firms in New York City.
Arlington Magazine, Top Attorney - Intellectual Property, 2019
World Intellectual Property Review Leader, 2019-2020
Virginia Business, Legal Elite in Intellectual Property, 2017-2019
Professional & Community Affiliations
International Trademark Association, member
Beyond the Suit
Kandis lives in Old Town Alexandria with her fiance and yellow lab (Frisco). In her spare time she enjoys knitting and reading about US and Virginia history.