Jennifer McCammon is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman, representing clients in matters of separation and divorce. She is well-versed in all areas of the practice of family law but has particular interest in the valuation of businesses and other property, the division of complex financial assets, and the tax consequences associated with the separation and divorce process.
While Jennifer’s approach is to resolve matters whenever possible, she is not afraid of the courtroom. Jennifer regularly appears before the courts in Northern Virginia and has prevailed in arguments before the Virginia Court of Appeals.
Jennifer has been recognized by all the major publications as a leader in family law matters. The Washingtonian has listed Jennifer as a Top Lawyer since 2016. Jennifer has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 2018. She has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star consistently since 2013 and acknowledged by Virginia Business as part of the Legal Elite.
Jennifer has also been recognized by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as a 10 Best Under 40 in the area of Family Law for Client Satisfaction and by the American Society of Legal Advocates as a Top 40 Family Lawyer Under 40.
More important to her practice, Jennifer prides herself on understanding the emotions that come with separation and divorce and ensures that each of her clients receives the best service and legal advice both in and out of the courtroom, whether in negotiation or litigation. Jennifer has a good working relationship with her peers in the field, which is something that strengthens the service to her clients.
Prior to private practice, Jennifer served as a law clerk to the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Circuit Court of Prince William County. She is a member of the Fairfax and Arlington Bar Associations, and she serves on the board of Northern Virginia Legal Services, a nonprofit law firm that provides access to justice for disadvantaged individuals and communities.
Beyond the Suit
Jennifer enjoys swimming, having coached local summer teams and served as a student assistant coach for the Varsity Swimming & Diving Team at Virginia Tech. She is also an animal lover and supports her local ASPCA. She lives in Arlington with her husband and two children.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2008
Virginia Polytechnic Institute, B.A., 2005, summa cum laude
Law Clerk to the Honorable Lon E. Farris, Thirty-First Judicial Circuit Court, Manassas, Virginia, 2009
Law Clerk to the Honorable Rossie D. Alston Jr., Court of Appeals of Virginia, 2009-2010
Awards and Honors
Arlington Magazine, Top Attorney – Family, 2019
Virginia Business, Legal Elite in Young Lawyer (under 40), 2017, Legal Elite in Family Law/Domestic Relations, 2019-2020
Best Lawyers in America in Family Law, 2018-2022
Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Family Law, 2013 – 2021
Washingtonian, Top Lawyer in Divorce and Family Law, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020
Washington D.C. Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Family Law, 2014 – 2021
Arlington Bar Association
Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section
Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Board Member
- Fifteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2022 Best Lawyers in America and Five Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Thursday August 19, 2021
- 2021 Super Lawyers
Thursday May 6, 2021
- Thirteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2021 Best Lawyers in America and Three Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Thursday August 20, 2020
- 2020 Super Lawyers
Thursday May 7, 2020
- Twenty-six Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as Top Attorneys by Arlington Magazine
Friday October 18, 2019
- Eleven Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2020 Best Lawyers in America
Thursday August 15, 2019
- 2019 Super Lawyers
Thursday April 18, 2019
- Ten Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2019 Best Lawyers in America
Wednesday August 15, 2018
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Attorneys Recognized as 2018 Virginia Super Lawyers, Top 10 and Rising Stars
Monday April 30, 2018
- Nine Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2018 Best Lawyers in America
Tuesday August 22, 2017
- Fourteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thursday April 13, 2017
- Jennifer Schiffer, Lauren Keenan Rote, Andrea Davison, Jennifer McCammon and Zach Williams Named Shareholders of Bean, Kinney & Korman
Tuesday February 14, 2017
- Eleven Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thursday April 7, 2016
- Twelve Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thursday April 9, 2015
- Jennifer McCammon Joins Bean, Kinney & Korman
Tuesday January 20, 2015