University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2008
Virginia Polytechnic Institute, B.A., 2005, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Lon E. Farris, Thirty-First Judicial Circuit Court, Manassas, Virginia, 2009
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Rossie D. Alston Jr., Court of Appeals of Virginia, 2009-2010
Jennifer is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. She has been practicing almost exclusively in the area of family law since graduating from law school. She is well-versed in all areas of the practice, including custody, visitation, equitable distribution, support, valuation of businesses and other property, and the negotiation and preparation of both premarital agreements and comprehensive separation agreements. While Jennifer’s approach is to resolve matters whenever possible, she is not afraid of the courtroom. Jennifer regularly appears before the courts in Northern Virginia and has prevailed in arguments before the Virginia Court of Appeals.
Jennifer has been recognized as a Top Lawyer by the Washingtonian. She has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star consistently since 2013. She was also recognized by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in the 10 Best Under 40 in the area of Family Law for Client Satisfaction and by the American Society of Legal Advocates as a Top 40 Family Lawyer Under 40.
Prior to private practice, Jennifer served as a law clerk to the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Circuit Court of Prince William County. Jennifer is admitted to practice in the state courts of Virginia as well as the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. She is a former member of the George Mason Inns of Court, a current member of the Fairfax and Arlington Bar Associations, and she serves on the board of Northern Virginia Legal Services.
Virginia Business magazine, Legal Elite in Young Lawyer (under 40), 2017
Best Lawyers in America in Family Law, 2018-2019
Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Family Law, 2013 - present
Washingtonian, Top Lawyers in Divorce and Family Law, 2016
Washington D.C. Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014 - present
- March 2018
- Virginia Family Law Quarterly, Spring 2016
- Expert Designations, Pitfalls, and a Guide for Family Law PractitionersFamily Law Reporter, September 23, 2014
- August 15, 2018
- April 30, 2018
- August 22, 2017
- Fourteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 13, 2017
- Jennifer Schiffer, Lauren Keenan Rote, Andrea Davison, Jennifer McCammon and Zach Williams Named Shareholders of Bean, Kinney & KormanFebruary 14, 2017
- Eleven Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 7, 2016
- Twelve Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 9, 2015
- January 20, 2015
Professional & Community Affiliations
Arlington Bar Association
Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section
Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Board Member
Beyond the Suit
Jennifer enjoys swimming, having coached local summer teams and served as a student assistant coach for the Varsity Swimming & Diving Team at Virginia Tech. She is also an animal lover and supports her local ASPCA. She lives in Arlington with her husband and daughter.