George Washington University Law School, J.D. with honors, 2004
- Thurgood Marshall Scholar
- Member, The George Washington Public Contract Law Journal
- Moot Court Board and Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
Cornell University, B.A. with distinction, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2005
- Maryland, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Lynn Hawkins is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman practicing exclusively family law. Her practice encompasses the full range of family law issues including divorce, property division, custody, spousal and child support, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Lynn provides a compassionate but honest and solution-oriented approach to each matter. She understands the emotional and financial costs of prolonged negotiations and litigation and strives to provide each client with a path to resolution.
Lynn is certified by the Virginia Supreme Court as a family law mediator. Mediation is a process in which the two parties in a family law matter meet with a neutral third party, the mediator, to work to a mutually agreeable solution.
Prior to focusing her practice on family law, Lynn practiced complex commercial litigation, representing financial institutions in a range of matters in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Lynn earned her B.A., with distinction, from Cornell University and her J.D., with honors, from George Washington University Law School. She is admitted to practice law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Virginia Business, Legal Elite in Family Law/Domestic Relations, 2019
Washingtonian, Top Divorce Lawyer, 2019-2020
Arlington Magazine, Top Attorney - Family, 2019
Best Lawyers in America in Family Law, 2019
Virginia Super Lawyers in Family Law, 2017-2020
Washington DC Super Lawyers in Family Law, 2019-2020
- March 2018
- Virginia Family Law Quarterly, Spring 2016
- BKK Family Law Newsletter, May 2014
- Fair Oaks Courtyard Marriott in Fairfax, Virginia, April 13, 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
- May 7, 2020
- October 18, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- April 18, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- April 30, 2018
- Fourteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 13, 2017
- February 2, 2015
- January 28, 2013
Professional & Community Affiliations
Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia
Fairfax Bar Association
Virginia State Bar
Montgomery County Bar Association
Maryland Bar Association
Family Court Self-Help Center of D.C. Superior Court (Volunteer)
D.C. Superior Court Attorney Negotiator Program (Volunteer)
Beyond the Suit
Lynn lives with her husband and three children in Annandale, Virginia.