Intellectual Property, Data & Software Licensing
Electronics are a valuable sector of our economy. But the real money is in operating programs, applications and other software that run the devices as well as the databases and content stored, managed and accessed on them. Bean, Kinney & Korman provides skilled advice and guidance in the negotiation and preparation of licensing for software and data assets.
Whether representing software or database owners, developers and distributors, or representing licensees, we take the time to learn our clients’ needs and objectives, and then work to achieve the solutions and contract structure that best suits and protects the client.
Our attorneys’ experience includes developing and negotiating agreements for data and software licensing, software as a service (SAAS), end-user license agreements, mobile application terms of service, and web, software and mobile app development agreements. In each case, we bear in mind the constant need to protect your rights as a creator or user.
Our licensing experience includes:
- Distribution agreements
- Joint development and marketing arrangements
- Licenses or sale of intellectual property
- Agreements for acquiring, protecting, and commercializing technology
- Copyright development, transfer and licensing agreements
- Computer software and hardware licenses and transfers
- Trademark and trade secret licenses
- Privacy Policies for Mobile Apps: One Size Does Not Fit All
BKK Business Law Newsletter, January 15, 2015
- Kandis M. Koustenis and Dusko J. Stojkov Join Bean, Kinney & Korman
Thursday June 18, 2020