BKK has been walking the walk for decades when it comes to community engagement and service. Practicing with a law firm like ours is not only about billing time and running a business. It is also about making our community and our world a better place through our work, impact, and volunteer opportunities.
It is not only our obligation, but our privilege, to give back. Our roles in the community are diverse – we are tutors in schools; supporters of pro bono legal services; volunteers with nonprofit organizations and nonprofit board members; and leaders in our community organizations.
We are volunteer coaches for youth sports and active within our faith communities and alumni groups. We walk, run, play kickball, collect food and clothing, and open our checkbooks to support local charities. It is important to us to participate in community service projects and be active citizens of impact to help shape and encourage the success of our community.
Some of the organizations we are honored to support include:
- Arlington Community Foundation
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)
- Arlington Free Clinic
- Arlington Housing Corporation (AHC)
- Arlington Neighborhood Village
- Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing (APAH)
- Bowen McCauley Dance Company
- Bridges to Independence
- Capital Caring
- Clarendon Alliance
- Columbia Pike Partnership
- Devotion to Children
- Fairfax CASA
- Fairfax Choral Society
- Fellowship Square Foundation, Inc.
- Goodwin Living Foundation
- Justice HS Scholarship Fund
- Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation
- Leadership Center for Excellence
- Leadership Fairfax
- National Capital Treatment & Recovery
- Opportunity Builders, Inc.
- SCAN of Northern Virginia
- Shakespeare Theatre Company
- Shelter House, Inc.
- The Builders Foundation
- Troops First Foundation
- Wesley Housing
- World Central Kitchen