Vanderbilt University, B.A., cum laude, 2003
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2006
- Law & Business Certificate Program
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 2006
- District of Columbia, 2007
- Maryland, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Jennifer Schiffer is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. Jennifer represents various businesses and their owners in matters relating to business counseling and entity formation, purchase and sale of company stock or assets, business contracts, shareholder or membership agreements, commercial real estate and leasing transactions. Jennifer is also well-versed in business succession planning, estate planning and estate administration.
Jennifer’s clients range from individuals to a wide array of businesses, including restaurants, medical practices, retailers, builders, and professional service providers, such as accountants and financial planners. Jennifer is well attuned to the needs of her clients, and her broad experience in representing individuals and a variety of businesses helps her anticipate and address the legal issues affecting them.
Jennifer is a graduate of Vanderbilt University where she earned a B.A. in Economics and her J.D.
Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business/Corporate, 2016
Obtained judgment at trial for local business against general contractor.
Negotiated business separations.
Represents businesses in the negotiation of their leases and other matters that may arise.
- BKK Wills, Trusts & Estates Newsletter, November 2015
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, September 2014
- BKK Wills, Trusts and Estates Newsletter, August 2014
- South County Government Center 8350 Richmond Highway, Room 221 A/B Alexandria, VA 22309, June 28, 2018
- May 22, 2018
Professional & Community Affiliations
Women’s Bar Association of D.C.
Montgomery County Bar Association
Bowen McCauley Dance (Board of Directors)
Beyond the Suit
Jennifer is married with two children and a golden retriever. When she isn’t in the office or enjoying time with her family, she enjoys following the Washington, D.C. area professional sports teams and her alma mater (Go Dores!).