Zack Andrews is a shareholder with Bean, Kinney & Korman, practicing in the areas of general business law, mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, and commercial finance.
Zack helps various types of business entities and nonprofit organizations in all stages of the business entity life cycle, from initial business formation to mergers, acquisitions, and owner exit. He works closely with boards of directors, LLC management, and other executives in structuring corporate governance, raising capital, and drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. His knowledge of corporate and commercial law, acumen for draftsmanship and keen ability to resolve issues within a transaction add value to his clients looking to build, grow, and sell their businesses.
In his real estate practice, Zack represents owners, purchasers, developers, REITs, and property managers in various commercial real estate transactions. He regularly drafts and negotiates office, retail, industrial, and shopping center leases for both landlords and tenants, oversees complex acquisitions and dispositions of real estate, and prepares commercial agreements for the construction and development of real property. He also represents both borrowers and lending institutions in closing real estate and asset-based financing transactions.
Zack is also highly skilled and knowledgeable in navigating the professional licensing requirements applicable to the construction industry within Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, making him a trusted advisor to builders, contractors, architects, engineers, and land surveyors serving the region. He has also represented numerous gyms, fitness facilities, physicians, dentists and other medical providers, software companies, restaurants, convenience stores, breweries, and distilleries in similar regulatory compliance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Zack worked in the corporate legal departments of both a managed behavioral health care company and a university-based hospital network.
Beyond the Suit
Zack lives in Odenton, Maryland with his wife, two sons and their dog, Penny. When not at the office, he enjoys golf, traveling, playing the drums and rooting for the Baltimore Orioles.
Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate
- Represented Highlight Technologies, Inc. in sale to a newly-formed Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Represented Farm Market iD, a leading data company serving the agricultural business market, in its sale to DTN, LLC.
- Lead deal counsel to Cavalier Healthcare Services in the sale of its home health business to LHC Group, Inc., a publicly-traded national provider of in-home healthcare services.
- Represented regional residential services contractor in $30 million stock sale.
- Advised software solutions firm in $5.5 million stock sale, with equity rollover.
- Represented dental practitioner in $2 million sale of dental practice assets, with securitized seller financing and commercial lease of dental office to purchaser.
- Advised various business owners in documenting corporate shareholder and LLC operating agreements, equity capital raises, and phantom equity and similar incentive compensation plans.
- Counseled regional nonprofit in strategic merger with another nonprofit organization and formation of new governance structure.
Real Estate/Commercial Lending
- Represented shopping center developer in lease of development sites to multiple national restaurant tenants.
- Provided lead counsel to various retail and office building owners and prospective tenants in commercial leasing negotiations.
- Lead negotiations on behalf of multiple landowners for 100+ acre solar farm leases.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of $5M property with closing conditions for rezoning and redevelopment plan.
- Represented borrower in closing and later modification of $70 million credit facility from national banking association.
- Counseled various lending institutions in closing commercial real estate acquisition and refinance loans and asset-based credit facilities.
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia, 2019
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 2017, with honors
Towson University, B.S., 2014, magna cum laude
Awards and Honors
Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business/Corporate, 2022
Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business/Corporate, 2022
Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch in Banking and Finance Law, 2022-2023
Association for Corporate Growth
Maryland State Bar Association
Anne Arundel Bar Association
Virginia State Bar Association
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Cerberus in a Transaction with Redwood Software
Wednesday February 8, 2023
- Sixteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2023 Best Lawyers in America and Six Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Thursday August 18, 2022
- 2022 Super Lawyers
Thursday May 5, 2022
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents RenXTech LLC in a Transaction with Buchanan & Edwards Inc.
Monday November 29, 2021
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Cavalier Healthcare Services, Inc. in the Sale of its Home Health Business
Wednesday August 25, 2021
- Fifteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Listed in 2022 Best Lawyers in America and Five Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Thursday August 19, 2021
- Bean Kinney & Korman Represents Highlight Technologies, Inc. in a Sale to an Employee-Owned Stock Ownership Plan
Thursday April 22, 2021
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Farm Market iD in Acquisition by DTN
Friday February 26, 2021
- Zack Andrews Joins Bean, Kinney & Korman
Friday November 3, 2017
- M&A Market Impacts to Expect in a Recession
Business Insights, Friday February 10, 2023
- When Do You Need a Virginia Contractor’s License?
Real Estate, Land Use & Construction Law, Tuesday June 21, 2022
- Exiting the Business – M&A Strategies for S Corp Owners
Business Insights, Friday May 27, 2022
- May I Be Excused? New York Federal Court Says COVID-19 Pandemic a “Natural Disaster,” and Why Your Force Majeure Clause Matters
Business Insights, Monday January 18, 2021
- Paycheck Protection Loans under the CARES Act: What Do Lenders Need to Know?
Business Insights, Monday March 30, 2020
- Win for Online Speech Sustained: U.S. Supreme Court Declines to Hear Hassell v. Yelp
Business Insights, Wednesday January 23, 2019
- Freedom of Speech or Freedom from Defamation? – 5 Takeaways from Yelp’s Recent Court Victory
Business Insights, Wednesday July 18, 2018