Mergers & Acquisitions
Buy-side or sell-side, Bean, Kinney & Korman provides experienced and responsive legal services for business owners and management. We deliver knowledgeable counsel in equity and asset acquisitions and sales, mergers, venture capital investments, mezzanine financing, debt, and equity financing, leveraged buyouts, corporate spinoffs, recapitalizations and other restructures. Our attorneys represent strategic buyers and sellers, private equity groups, venture capital, founder-owned, and family-owned businesses in both the commercial and government contracting space.
Understanding of the Mergers & Acquisitions Process
We understand and help manage the sale or purchase process, from letter of intent through contract negotiation, due diligence, closing and post-closing stages. We draw on our deal experience to help our clients achieve favorable outcomes without having negotiations stall over “non-market” demands. We don’t fall in love with deals – we keep our clients’ best interests front and center.
We bring our capabilities in taxation, employment, real estate, intellectual property, government contracting, and commercial finance to bear in support of our clients in the due diligence process of identifying potential problem areas for buyers and resolving them for sellers. Our depth in each of these areas allows for quick assessment of deal issues, by experts in that area.
Each M&A transaction is special; each has a unique purpose for the client. Our team provides legal counsel to meet the client’s goals. Sometimes that requires a creative solution, including debt offerings, venture capital investment and mezzanine financing, the restructuring or replacement of senior debt facilities, or the organization of strategic alliances, joint ventures, and other business combinations.
Whenever a business is positioned on the enterprise continuum, whether seeking opportunities to expand, building resources for growth, or putting itself on the market, we have the capabilities and resources to help guide the process and achieve client objectives.
- Are We Partners?
January 12, 2021
- Understanding the Available Tax Credits Under Families First Coronavirus Response Act
March 23, 2020
- Deadlock Provisions in Agreements – Say No to the Rochambeau Method
September 17, 2019
- 10 Common Mistakes That Can Doom an Acquisition Buyer’s Prospective
BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 1, 2012
- Buyer of Government Contractors: New SBA Size Recertification Rules Will Affect Merger & Acquisition (“M&A”) Transactions
BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 1, 2007
- Exiting the Business – M&A Strategies for S Corp Owners
Business Insights, Friday May 27, 2022
- President’s Memorandum to the Secretary of Treasury Defers Payroll Tax Obligations for Four Months
Business Insights, Tuesday August 11, 2020
- Beyond PPP – Financing Options for the Restaurant Industry
Business Insights, Monday July 27, 2020
- COVID Impact on GovCon Deals in 2020
Business Insights, Monday July 20, 2020
- Online Board Meetings – What to Know When Social-Distancing Requires Your Meetings to Go Virtual
Business Insights, Thursday April 16, 2020
- Do You Really Need a Letter of Intent?
Business Insights, Wednesday September 18, 2019
- Brenco Enterprises, Inc. et. al v. Takeout Taxi Franchising Systems, Inc. et al, No. 177164, 2003 Va. Cir. LEXIS 86 at *1 (May 2, 2003)
- M&A Transaction – Acquirer: Wilink U. S. Holdings, Inc.; Target: Communicast, Inc.
- M&A Transaction – Acquirer: LEC Acquisition Corporation; Target: Hallmark Energy Economic dba Loud
- M&A Transaction – Acquirer: Private Equity Group; Target: Freedom Bank of Virginia
- M&A Transaction – Acquirer: Computer Products Incorporated; Target: Columbia Research Corp.
- M&A Transaction – Acquirer: Fairmont Company; Target: NorthTech Corporation
- Nathaniel Y. Scott Joins Bean, Kinney & Korman
Wednesday August 17, 2022
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents RenXTech LLC in a Transaction with Buchanan & Edwards Inc.
Monday November 29, 2021
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Cavalier Healthcare Services, Inc. in the Sale of its Home Health Business
Wednesday August 25, 2021
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Finley Asphalt in a Transaction with Shoreline Equity Partners
Friday July 2, 2021
- Bean Kinney & Korman Represents Highlight Technologies, Inc. in a Sale to an Employee-Owned Stock Ownership Plan
Thursday April 22, 2021
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Farm Market iD in Acquisition by DTN
Friday February 26, 2021
- Kandis M. Koustenis and Dusko J. Stojkov Join Bean, Kinney & Korman
Thursday June 18, 2020
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Advises Sport & Health in Sale of Fitness Clubs to US Fitness
Friday August 29, 2014
- Deadlock-Breaking Mechanisms in LLCs: Avoiding Litigation and Dissolution When Members and Managers Fail to Agree
Webinar, Thursday, January 16, 2020
- LLC or S-Corp
Teleconference, Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Mergers & Acquisitions in the Federal Marketplace
Tower Club, Tysons Corner, VA, Thursday, May 16, 2019