The George Washington University Law School, J.D. with honors, 1995
- Articles Editor, The Environmental Lawyer
Temple University, B.A., cum laude, 1989
United States Army Intelligence Center & School, Military Intelligence Officer Basic Course, 1989 and Strategic Debriefer & Interrogator Course, 1992
National Trial Advocacy College, 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 1995
- District of Columbia, 1996
- Maryland, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
Raighne (pronounced "Renny") Delaney is a shareholder with Bean, Kinney & Korman. He practices in the area of general civil litigation. He has prosecuted and defended numerous cases in the following areas: real estate litigation, business litigation, government contracts and construction litigation.
Raighne is a LEED Accredited Professional, with knowledge of the construction, design and operation of green buildings.
Prior to attending law school, Raighne served as an officer in the U.S. Army and his awards include the Army Commendation Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster, the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (for the invasion of Panama) and the Parachutist Badge.
Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers in Business Litigation, 2014 - present
Virginia Super Lawyers in Business Litigation, 2013 - present
Virginia Business, Legal Elite in Civil Litigation, 2009
Virginia Business, Legal Elite in Appellate Law, 2016
Virginia Lawyers Weekly, Leader in the Law, 2009
Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2007
AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Represented the developer in an Establishment Clause challenge to the construction of a government funded $50 million affordable housing project erected over a church.
- Represented the developer and twice reversed the trial judge’s refusal to enjoin a local government from considering a zoning appeal filed by a business competitor in hopes of preventing the client from receiving a $230 million government contract.
- Represented the purchaser of a website and received a $1.14 million jury award for the purchaser in a software failure case, the first case ever decided under the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act.
- Represented a homeowner and reversed the trial court’s decision to allow on a first position judgment lien in the first reported case in America in which the equitable subrogation doctrine was applied to a purchaser.
- Represented the appellant and reversed the trial court’s decision that a convicted murderer lost all interest in jointly owned real property.
- Represented a protestor before the GAO in a dispute over a $15 million contract to haul hazardous cargo for the Army and ultimately, his client was awarded the contract.
- Represented a franchisor in a three week bench trial after which the trial court dissolved a preliminary injunction against the franchisor and then permitted the franchisor to enforce restrictive covenants against franchisees.
- Represented and obtained a security clearance for an applicant before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals despite the applicant’s admissions of false statements and improper personal activity.
- Represented the property owner in a condemnation action, along with other law firms, and defended allegations that the owner did not own the property in question. The property owner was able to obtain a $36 million settlement.
- Represented the plaintiff manufacturer in a dispute over whether IED jammers manufactured for use by NATO in Afghanistan were built to the required top secret specifications. The manufacturer obtained a $2.1 million settlement with the general contractor and an additional non-monetary settlement with the designer, essentially making the manufacturer whole.
- ABA Title Insurance Litigation Committee Newsletter, Summer 2015
- VLTA Examiner, Spring 2013
- The Fee Simple, Spring 2012
- The Fee Simple, May 2011
- The Fee Simple, May 2011
- Virginia Land Title Association Examiner, Volume 16, Number 1, Fall 2010
- Recognized in Litigation Commentary and Review for representing a manufacturer regarding the sale of roadside bomb jammers for use by NATO in Afghanistan.March 2010
- Litigation Commentary & Review, 2009
- Damages Under the Virginia Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act: Blue Line vs. Redmon GroupThe Journal of Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Volume 21, Number 3, 2009
- The Fee Simple, November 2007
- Richmond, VA, April 10, 2019
- Social Media Claims: The Internet Review Industry, How Yelp Works, How Businesses (And Lawyers) Can Fight Negative Reviews, And The Virginia Unmasking Statute.George Mason American Inn of Court, November 20, 2015
- March 13, 2013
- Williamsburg, Virginia, June 9, 2012
- "Curing Title Defects"February 2, 2012
- April 18, 2019
- ARLnow, March 14, 2019
- April 30, 2018
- Washington Post, April 10, 2018
- Fourteen Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 13, 2017
- July 29, 2016
- Eleven Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 7, 2016
- Raighne Delaney was quoted in "The Greatest, Most Amazing, Absolutely Huge Story of How Donald Trump Took Over Virginia's Biggest Vineyard"Washingtonian Magazine, November 2015
- Twelve Attorneys from Bean, Kinney & Korman Recognized as 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsApril 9, 2015
- June 13, 2014
- April 25, 2014
- NPR's On the Media, April 25, 2014
- Raighne Delaney was quoted in "Yelp critics must be identified, court rules in online landscape altering decision."The Washington Times, January 9, 2014
- Raighne Delaney interviewed by ABC 7 on the Navy's recent proposed changes to the security clearance processWJLA, ABC 7, September 24, 2013
- Raighne Delaney interviewed by ABC 7 on the security clearance process in relation to the recent Navy Yard shootingWJLA, ABC 7, September 20, 2013
- June 17, 2013
- Thomson Reuters, May 9, 2013
- VA Lawyers Weekly, August 27, 2012
- August 15, 2012
- Law 360, March 26, 2012
- November 9, 2011
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Winning Defendant DeMayo in a Case Involving A Complicated Property Settlement AgreementApril 4, 2011
- January 3, 2011
- August 20, 2010
- Bean, Kinney & Korman Represents Developer 1210 North Highland Street in Peter Glassman, Plaintiff v. Arlington County, Virginia, et. al.April 13, 2010
- Raighne Delaney mentioned in "Million Dollar Settlements of 2009" in #13 (tie) for ADI Technologies Inc. v. EMW Inc.Virginia Lawyers Weekly, February 1, 2010
- August 13, 2009
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, June 15, 2009
- December 17, 2008
- Washington Business Journal, November 23, 2008
- Arlington Circuit Court Dismisses Lawsuit Challenging Arlington County Board's Approval of Views at ClarendonJuly 11, 2007
- Business Insights, August 5, 2019
- Business Insights, July 26, 2019
- Business Insights, July 18, 2019
Professional & Community Affiliations
American Bar Association (Vice Chairman, TIPS Title Insurance Litigation Committee, 2012 – Present)
Virginia State Bar (Disciplinary Board, 2009 – 2012)
Alexandria Bar Association
Arlington Bar Association
Alexandria Masters Soccer League, Inc. (Board of Directors, 2009 – 2013; Commissioner, 2010 – 2011; Treasurer, 2009 – 2010; Secretary, 2011 – 2013)
Army Navy Country Club (Board of Governors, 2012 – Present)
Community Criminal Justice Board, City of Alexandria, Virginia (2005 – 2013; Chairman, 2006 – 2013)
Virginia Board of Correctional Education (2008 – 2012; Vice Chairman, 2010 – 2012)
Beyond the Suit
Raighne can be found on a golf course, soccer field or tennis court when he isn’t litigating on behalf of individuals, businesses and title insurance companies.