Bank & Lender Services Attorneys
For more than five decades, Bean, Kinney & Korman has taken pride in the development and expansion of the legal support it provides to banking and lender clients. We take to heart the qualities of responsiveness, knowledge, experience and cost-effectiveness that are essential to lenders.
We service the entire loan life cycle, from credit inception through closing, restructure and enforcement, and asset disposition.
We understand credit structuring and the underwriting considerations that drive it. We are experienced with a wide range of commercial lending, including:
- general asset-based commercial lending
- real estate-based commercial lending
- construction lending
- government contract lending
- technology industry lending
- religious organization lending
- SBA lending programs
Credit Enforcement and Collection
When credits weaken and fail, our attorneys provide insightful and practical guidance on credit enforcement and collection, including:
- workout and restructure strategy
- lender positioning to maximize recovery through foreclosures
- asset seizures and sales
- sales of credits and disposition of collateral
Our knowledge and depth of experience in bankruptcy matters is an extraordinarily valuable resource for our lender clients who find their collateral and credits at risk in reorganization and liquidation proceedings.
Lenders value our ability to bring depth of experience in other disciplines to support our creditor representation. When real estate collateral is involved, we have readily available depth of knowledge in:
Additional Legal Services to Banks and Lenders
We provide experienced counsel in loan participations, sales of credits, subordinations and other inter-creditor and intra-creditor transactions, where our practical and technical skills in deal structuring, drafting and problem spotting have repeatedly delivered value to our clients.
Despite their most conscientious efforts, lenders still find themselves faced with liability claims that demand knowledgeable, skilled, and above all, common sense litigation capabilities. We understand lender liability issues and can see through the emotion to stay focused on the business equation that underlies all commercial litigation.
Appropriate Staffing of Cases
Our attorneys are particularly sensitive to pricing pressures that lenders are constantly under to make their financial products marketable, and the legal expense considerations that affect our clients’ economic performance. We staff our lending services at experience levels appropriate to the complexity of the work and will readily consider alternative fee structures to best integrate our services with our clients’ business strategies.
We are proud of our tradition and reputation in representing local, national and international institutional lenders and welcome the opportunity to become part of your team.
- LinkedIn, March 7, 2019
- August 1, 2018
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2015
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, January 2015
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2014
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, July 2013
- Docket Call, Young Lawyers Conference of the Virginia State Bar Newsletter, Spring 2013
- Wrestling with the Trustee's Strong Arm: Defending Avoidance Actions Under Section 544 of the Bankruptcy CodeTitle Insurance Litigation Committee News, Fall 2011
- Virginia Judges Weigh in on Whether Absolute Priority Rule Still Applies in Individual Chapter 11 CasesBankruptcy Law News, Spring 2011
- Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine, July/August 2010
- Bankruptcy Law News Volume XXIV, No. 2, Summer 2009
- Virginia Builder, May 2009
- Tort and Insurance Law Journal, Volume 36, Number 3, Spring 2001
- Title Insurance Litigation Committee Spring Meeting, March 2001
- Real Estate, Land Use & Construction Law , January 16, 2020
- Real Estate, Land Use & Construction Law , June 11, 2019
- Business Insights, August 2, 2018
- The Colorado Springs Business Journal, April 5, 2019
- Jennifer Brust and James Schroll will teach Secured Finance at George Mason University School of LawAugust 12, 2010
Seminars & Events
- Webinar, November 12, 2019
- Bean, Kinney & Korman | 2300 Wilson Blvd. | 1st Floor Conference Room | Arlington, VA 22201, October 25, 2018
- "Complex Issues in Bankruptcy: From the Supreme Court to the Practice Court - Tricky Issues in Chapter 11 Cases"Crowne Plaza Richmond West, Richmond, Virginia, March 30, 2012