Internet Defamation Attorneys
In today’s cyber world, companies and individuals may be accused of selling defective goods, providing poor service, misleading customers, defrauding the government, or committing unethical or criminal conduct. The accusations can appear in emails, blogs, social media, videos, or review websites. They may come from competitors, customers, foreign governments, or strangers. What is worse, they may be cloaked in the anonymity of the internet.
Bean, Kinney & Korman handles internet defamation cases.
What We Can Do
We fight back against defamers and cyber-attackers, exposing and holding them accountable. And, for some bloggers caught in the cross-fire of defamation, we defend their freedom of speech.
We follow a R-A-P-I-D game plan in pursuing and defending against internet defamation cases. We spot the strongest legal claims and defenses, and think outside the box, deploying creative strategies. We explore inexpensive resolution methods before proceeding with litigation. Finally, we network with public relations and digital forensics experts to offer a comprehensive approach to defending names, brands, and reputations and recovering damages.
Who We Represent
Our seasoned litigators and trial lawyers represent banks, construction companies, government contractors, health care companies, internet-based companies, professionals (e.g., doctors, dentists, and lawyers), retailers, small businesses, software and application developers, universities, and individuals.
What Services We Can Provide
Our internet defamation counseling and litigation services cover a broad range of issues:
- Defamation and disparagement (trade libel)
- First Amendment / John Doe (anonymous defamer) suits
- Anti-SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) laws
- Section 230 of Communications Decency Act (website immunity)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (take-down requests)
- Stored Communications Act (disclosure of electronic records)
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (domain name re-assignment)
- Revenge porn
- Libel / blog reviews
- Non-disparagement agreements
- Trademark and copyright infringement
- False advertising
As internet speech grows, so do internet defamation cases. It is easier today to ruin names, brands, and reputations with online negative statements. Yet it is also easier today to raise issues and advocate change before a widespread audience connected by the internet. The battle between freedom of speech and freedom from defamation is alive and well in the 21st Century.
If you are concerned that someone has defamed you or accused you of defamation, consult an attorney. Our team of Internet & e-Commerce Attorneys is here to help and design a path forward.
- Business Insights, August 2, 2018
- Business Insights, July 18, 2018
- Joe Meadows was mentioned in the NYT story "The Wounds of the Drone Warrior" as the internet defamation attorney for Christopher Aaron.The New York Times Magazine, June 13, 2018
Seminars & Events
- Solo and Small Firms: Maximize Your SuccessWVU College of Law, September 21, 2018