Mergers & Acquisitions Attorneys
Buy-side or sell-side, Bean, Kinney & Korman provides experienced and responsive legal services for business owners, whether in growth mode or cashing out. We provide knowledgeable counsel in equity and asset acquisitions and sales, mergers, venture capital investments, mezzanine financing, debt and equity financing, leveraged buyouts, corporate spinoffs, recapitalizations and other restructures. Our attorneys represent private sellers in equity transactions with private and publicly traded purchasers. We also provide counsel to purchasers and sellers in private equity and asset transactions.
Understanding of the Mergers & Acquisitions Process
We understand and help manage the sale or purchase process, from letter of intent through contract negotiation, due diligence, closing and post-closing stages. We draw on our deal experience to help our clients achieve favorable terms without having negotiations stall over “non-market” demands. Sometimes our best counsel leads to a frank reassessment of whether the transaction can be achieved on acceptable terms at all. We don’t fall in love with deals – we keep our clients’ best interests front and center.
Capabilities in Related Practice Areas
We bring our capabilities in taxation, employment, real estate, and commercial finance to bear in support of our clients in the due diligence process of identifying potential problem areas for buyers and resolving them for sellers.
Experience Utilizing Other Growth/Exit Strategies
Businesses pursue avenues of growth or exit strategies other than by way of organic or strategic mergers and acquisitions. We offer legal counsel for clients who seek to undertake exempt equity and debt offerings, including venture capital investment and mezzanine financing, clients in a position to restructure or replace senior debt facilities, and clients considering strategic alliances, joint ventures and other business combinations.
Whenever a business is positioned on the enterprise continuum, whether seeking opportunities to expand, building resources for growth or putting itself on the market, we have the capabilities and resources to help guide the process and achieve client objectives.
- M&A Transaction - Acquirer: Computer Products Incorporated; Target: Columbia Research Corp.
- M&A Transaction - Acquirer: Fairmont Company; Target: NorthTech Corporation
- M&A Transaction - Acquirer: LEC Acquisition Corporation; Target: Hallmark Energy Economic dba Loud
- M&A Transaction - Acquirer: Private Equity Group; Target: Freedom Bank of Virginia
- M&A Transaction - Acquirer: Wilink U. S. Holdings, Inc.; Target: Communicast, Inc.
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2012
- Buyer of Government Contractors: New SBA Size Recertification Rules Will Affect Merger & Acquisition ("M&A") TransactionsBKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2007