Government contracting means highways, satellites, submarines and other multi-billion dollar projects. It also means office supplies, computer system services, public relations services and office leasing. Government contracting is one of the largest industries in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan region, touching many businesses in some way. Whether acting as a prime contractor or a subcontractor for providing goods and services to governmental agencies, businesses need legal counsel who can provide guidance through the initial procurement process to the development of teaming agreements to contract award. Bean, Kinney & Korman is regularly called upon to assist its clients as they seek to do business with government agencies.
Administrative Issues in Government Contracting
During the life of a government contract, a contractor may be faced with any number of administration issues. Our attorneys are familiar with cost and pricing analysis, FAR requirements and compliance matters. In the course of audits and investigations, our clients value our knowledgeable and timely advice as they respond to governmental inquiries.
Protecting the Contractors’ Interests
Government contracting carries its own unique risk set of contentious issues for which capable legal counsel is essential to protect the contractor’s interests. These include bid protests, qui tam and false claim actions, contract suspensions and terminations,employment laws and policies specific to government contractors, and FOIA requests. The experience and insight provided by our government contracts attorneys have made us that essential counsel for our clients facing these challenges.
Range of Business Services
Contracting with the government is a great opportunity for small businesses. Our lawyers regularly advise businesses considering organizing under various Small Business Administration programs, including 8(a) Business Development, Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Women Owned Small Business (WOSB and ED/WOSB). We help our clients navigate the organizational, governance and operational rules that are key to small business contracting.
Apart from the unique legal aspects of their vendor relationship with their government customers, government contractors are still enterprises with all of the needs and challenges of any other business. Our range of business services make us versatile and effective legal counsel for government contractors who value our comprehensive understanding of their business issues.
- LinkedIn, December 12, 2019
- Law360, December 9, 2019
- LinkedIn, November 13, 2019
- LinkedIn, May 16, 2019
- August 1, 2018
- January 11, 2016
- Virginia Employment Law Journal, November 21, 2013
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, November 2013
- American Bar Association - Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Newsletter, September 2013
- BKK Employment Law Newsletter, July 2013
- Small Business Trends, September 2012
- IP Frontline, June 2012
- Intellectual Property Today, May 2012
- BKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2012
- Buyer of Government Contractors: New SBA Size Recertification Rules Will Affect Merger & Acquisition ("M&A") TransactionsBKK Business Law Newsletter, March 2007
- Employment Law , December 27, 2018
- Joe Meadows quoted: "Pursuing a defamation case may be important to defend your name, brand, or reputation."Reverse SEO Strategy: How to Protect Yourself and Your Business Against Negative Online ContentMedium, September 19, 2019
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, June 15, 2009